Saturday, December 3, 2011

Merry Christmas Honey!

For the past few months my fiance and I have discussed how much we want to start a blog together. Something we can sit down and work on together at night and post our recipes, photos, and handmade items on. For Christmas, I decided that starting this blog for him would be the perfect gift for him (and us). Before we both get to posting I thought I'd tell you a little bit more about us.

Me: I'm a student affairs professional working at a local college. I love working with students and helping them through their college careers. I have done this since I was a Resident Assistant in college. I majored in graphic design, so I'm also very into designs and artwork. I have developed a love for photography that I can do more and more frequently now that I'm in Colorado.

My fiance: He's a professional working at a different local college. He also moonlights in the Army National Guard. He likes wood working and cooking. He's currently working on getting his Master's in Counseling, so someday he will be able to help others help themselves. Who wouldn't love a guy like that?

Us: We're getting married in June! We're both so excited. We met through a mutual friend that I went to grad school with and he worked with. We hit it off and officially starting dating about a month after we met. We got engaged a month later. And a few months later I moved from Kansas to Colorado to be with him. We just started renting a house together that we are excited to cook in, craft in, and make memories in.

Anyways that's enough for this first post. Look for more posts to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment